Reasons to make a complaint against a member of the Association will fall into one of the following categories:
Copies of the Association's Code of Ethics, Code of Practice and Rules are available here. For further information and a copy of the appropriate form that must be completed to initiate a formal complaint please click on the following link: Complaints Form
1. Complaints must be in writing and addressed to the:
The Complaints Panel
Franchise Association of New Zealand Inc
P O Box 33-676 Takapuna
2. The following information should be provided:
3. The complaint is recorded in the Association's complaints register. At this stage the Association's senior executive will review the information provided to ensure it meets the requirements of the Complaints Panel.
4. The Association's senior executive will:
5. The Complaints Panel then has discretion to decide on the complaint or to seek further clarification from either or both sides
6. If the formal investigation shows that no rules have been broken then the Member and the complainant will be notified of the findings. The matter will then be at an end as far as the Association is concerned unless new evidence comes to hand.
7. If as a result of the investigation it appears there has been a breach of the Codes and/or the Rules then the Complaints Panel will determine if the Member has failed to showed cause why it should not be removed from membership or otherwise be sanctioned. Any such decision will be notified in writing together with the Member's right of appeal to the Board.
Download our Frequently Asked Questions for additional information that may be useful.
Franchise Industry News
|Franchise New Zealand Magazine and Website|